Thursday, May 6, 2010

12 Again....

Tonight I attended the Taylor Swift concert in Des Moines. Yes, I did indeed feel like I was 12 again. There were so many "teeny-boppers" there, and they made me giggle as they swooned over the performer, screamed at the top of their lungs, and cried when she got close and sang their favorite song. I was invited to the concert by my sister, and I was very excited to go. It was a wonderful girls night out as we were joined by a good friend of Kelsey's and three of her (Jess's) friends. I do, of course, enjoy Taylor's music. Her songs are original and personal, yet the listener can relate and appreicate the words that are sung. I don't know how this 19/20 year-old has had so many "love" experiences to write about!
What impressed me the most, though was the set and how they were able to set the scenery for each and every song. There were flat screens everywhere that displayed all different backdrops on the main stage.

During a clothing change, Taylor also changed location. She surprised a group of fans when she started singing in the aisle of their seats: , moving then to a circular stage right in front of us. You better believe I was jazzed to see her this close: (then I'm pretty sure I screamed like a 12 year old right along side my sister :) )
In the row in front of us, was a mom with a daughter. The daugther was probably 9. I got teary-eyed when I saw them sing together, and the way the girls' eyes lit up when Taylor sang her favorite song, "Fifteen." I am excited for the day that I get to take my own two blonde-hairs to their first concert.....but for now, the enjoyment was mine.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I am 150% jealous...and maybe I could take my littles with your littles and we can see a concert together... But for now...we'll stick with the park! :) Heart ya!

    ReplyDelete