Saturday, July 7, 2012

Summer Vacation Recap--Week 6

Sunday, July 1--Well, folks, June is over.  I can't believe it.  The best part about it??  Brandon's grad classes are over!  At 9:08 this morning, we decided that we would go to church at 9:30---talk about throwing ourselves together!  It's been a little difficult for us to go to church recently because of Mylie.  She's going through some separation anxiety so she doesn't like going to the nursery.  If she acts up, Brandon ends up chasing her around the hallways.  However, today, she kept herself busy with a bunch of colored pencils and prayer cards :)
On Tuesday, we will leave for about 12 days so I started making some piles.  It takes a lot of stuff for 5 people to be gone for that amount of time.  After nap time (which was awfully short) we loaded up and went to the Big Bucket for about an hour.  Supper was simple and followed by more time playing in the backyard.

Monday, July 2--Mylie spent the day at Sue's so that I could get the majority of the packing done without her taking everything out right behind me.  I ran 3 miles before it got too hot outside and then I treated my friend and neighbor, Dellisa, to a pedicure.  She's due to have her baby on July 12--I keep telling her that he's wanting to stay inside as long as possible to avoid all of this heat.  We had lunch at West Street Deli and then I headed home to pack.  Myah, Maysen and I spent a few hours at the pool in the afternoon before going to get Mylie.


Tuesday, July 3--I went for a walk pushing Mylie in the stroller so that Brandon could pack and get a few things done before we left in the afternoon.  I was glad that I decided to walk because there was no 'beating the heat'--it was already hot!!  Shortly after lunch, we loaded the van and headed up to Rembrandt where Brandon's parents live.  They took us to the diner for supper and then the cousins played outside for a little while before bed time.

Wednesday, July 4--We had a pretty lazy day just relaxing around the house at Brandon's parents.  Brandon worked with his dad at his car shop fixing the driver's side window in our van.  The girls played and colored most of the day.  We drove to Storm Lake for supper at Subway before heading to the fireworks show back in Rembrandt.  This was Maysen and Myah's first time of seeing fireworks.  I know you're all thinking that I've deprived my children of one of those "American" things, but we've always functioned on a schedule and since they can't really do fireworks until it's dark outside, they haven't been able to stay awake that late.  Needless to say, they absolutely loved them!  I stayed back at the house with Mylie (who needed to go to bed before dark) and finished The Hunger Games.


Thursday, July 5--I gave all of the girls a bath in the morning since they had been out late and running around in the heat to get very sweaty and stinky.  Brandon's dad grilled burgers and hotdogs for lunch and his mom made yummy pea salad and green bean casserole.  We loaded up the van shortly after and headed up to Okoboji.  My parents and brother, aunt, two cousins, and nana were already up there.  The girls swam in the little pool on the deck.  Mylie didn't even wait for me to get her suit on her, she just plopped her little leg over the side and got right in. 


 We went for supper at the Asian Palace, which has fabulous Chinese food!!  After the girls went to bed, my mom and I ran to Wal-Mart and to Goodies, which is one of our chocolate hotspots at the Lakes!

Friday, July 6--We hung around the Okoboji house all day, which really rarely happens.  My dad had gone back to Lake Mills to work so we didn't have the boat.  I got up and went for a run and then we took the girls to the park nearby and they swam in the pool on the deck again.


Saturday, July 7--I got up and went for a run again in the morning.  It's always fun seeing the "Lakes People" out for their morning walks as well.  Many of them I remember from year to year.  The girls had been asking to go to the candy store so I had told them we could go after my run.  We went to the Central Emporium (the traffic was crazy!) and visited the Sugar Shack.  Myah had a ton of stuff in her bag before Brandon and I could reach her.  Luckily, a lot of it was wrapped stuff that could be put back on the shelf.  Most of the items are sold by the pound so we were a little nervous at first:)  We met my parents at Hey, Good Cookies for lunch....one of our lunch hotspots that we frequent multiple times every time we are in the area.  Brandon and I took Mylie back home for a nap while Myah and Maysen went with my dad to get some new lifejackets.  Once Mylie woke up, we headed out on the boat.  Mylie didn't know what to think at first, but it wasn't long before she was loving it! 






All three girls had baths before supper to get the lake gunk off and needless to say, they were all tired after sun and swimming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment