Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall Is Here

Fall means pumpkins....
My mom, dad, brother and Liz (brother's girlfriend) made a last minute trip down yesterday afternoon. It was a perfect fall day! We spent the afternoon outside riding bikes around the block, going to the park, and getting pumpkins. Where else do you get pumpkins, but the pumpkin patch. We ventured up to DeMoss Pumpkin Farm again and that's just north of Ames. We have always had great luck there, and it appeared that they had an extra wonderful crop this year. Stay tuned for more pumpkin activities to come......we are going to be doing some painting!! As always, M&M wanted to do everything themselves, including pulling the heavey pumpkin cart. They are so sweet!



Fall also means football...
Daddy Love is out of town for an AIW training for work tonight so we got together with some friends. We went to the Ames High Homecoming parade and had a great time. Growing up in a small town, I never missed a homecoming parade or football game. I want my children to experience all of those things even though we live in a large town. The first group of students I had when I came to teach in Ames are seniors this year so I knew a lot of the kids in the parade. It was neat to see how they've grown, and it made me smile when they remembered who I am.





1 comment:

  1. you have been so good at blogging lately!!!

    so sad we missed the pumpkin patch! looks like fun and how cute are those little legs in leggings?

    ReplyDelete