Monday, November 29, 2010

The Big Monstrosity

Daddy love was home tonight, which was a change of plans. He was supposed to be out scouting a basketball game after practice, but when he learned that it was the 'late' game, he changed his mind and came home instead. He wasn't thrilled about missing putting the girls to bed two nights in a row (he has a game tomorrow night) so it was great to have him home.

We were going to wait until Wednesday night to put up the tree, but since B was home, we got it up tonight. The girls were so excited!! B refers to the tree as "The Big Monstrosity." He thinks it is outrageously big. However, I love it. The extra large tree is a visual of my heart at Christmas time. Big, fluffed, and all lit up!!


It looks great, doesn't it??!! Of course it does because I had my two little elves to help decorate!!



"My name is Kari, and I'm a Control Freak." However, I vow not to touch the clumps of ornaments placed on our lovely tree by the littles I love so much. They will stay clumped in place until the tree comes down in January. The looks on their faces while they took ownership of hanging the ornaments is forever ingrained in my heart. I love them so much!!


The pink and purple trees made it to M&M's room this year. They were pretty adamant to begin with to have them downstairs where they were last year. Once I placed them in the room, though they were excited to have them stay. They make a nice little night light (until I unplug them when I go to bed) when the girls go to bed.

The stockings are hung...

The nativities are displayed...

And a straggly slim jim (looks much better than in this picture)...

are just a few of the decorations in our house. I want to get another slim jim tree for the basement for the rest of the ornaments I have. I'm not typically one to change the decor of my house regularly, but there's just something about decorating for Christmas that I can't get enough of.

I hope your homes are as Merry as ours!

3 comments:

  1. Cute. LOVE their jammies. And still love their nativity set. I will have to get over to play with it again this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kari! I'm proud of you leaving the oranments where the kids put them...good mom! I failed... Hi my name is Stacy and I'm a control freak... I moved them when Nathan went to bed :( I will try harder next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the tree sticks on your big tree and the slim jim!

    ReplyDelete