Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Splash of Color

You probably remember the incident with the scissors... Maysen's hair is still short and it's still very cute.  However, I've got some smart cookies on my hands!  Maysen has received several comments on her adorable new 'do, but Myah was/is frustrated by the positive remarks.  She would often say to me, "But, mommy, Maysen was naughty when she cut her hair.  Why does everyone say nice things to her?"  She was sad that no one was complimenting her for being the good listener.  She was 100% correct in her observation, and it definitely wasn't fair.

So......I asked her what she'd like to do with her hair.  Her response: dye it pink.  Of course that's what she'd want!  I talked to a few hairstylists to see what they thought.  I really didn't care, and if that's what she wanted, why not?!  Since this all started back in August and we were still frequenting the pool, I decided to hold off because I was worried about the reaction between pink dye and the chlorine.  Well, we got busy, and frankly, I forgot all about this.  Then last week, the girls and I were at HyVee and saw Katy Perry on the cover of October's InStyle Magazine.  And what was she sporting??  Pink hair of course for Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Myah spotted it and told me that was exactly what she wanted.  I said, Ok, and that we would go on Wednesday to get it done.  I really was ok with the idea.  However, before Wednesday arrived, we saw some girls that had feathers and color splashes in their hair and Myah decided she liked that and would be ok with that instead of a full head of pink hair (which I've decided would be totally cute on her, but we'll wait a few years to go through with that).  I took her on Wednesday to get some put in.  BUT guess what.....she asked if Maysen was going to get some.  I told her no she wasn't going to because this was her (Myah's) reward for not cutting her hair.  She told me that she wanted Maysen to be able to get some too.  Doesn't she have a heart of gold!?!  Then they talked me into getting some, too.  So now, we all have a little color to our 'dos.

 My pink strand.


 Myah got one pink and one purple color splash.


 Maysen got one pink and one orange splash.


I'll be posting our Halloween adventures next week,  we got M&M's costumes last Friday and I've finished making Mylie's so we're all ready to roll next Monday.  What are you or your kids dressing up as for Halloween?  Some year, I want Brandon and I to dress up as Mr. and Mrs. Incredible.  I think that would fun!

3 comments:

  1. Oooo....ooooo....ooooo....I want a feather too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it!!! myah is so sweet and just wants to be like maysen! i would love to see her with a full head of pink!

    ReplyDelete