Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

Well, folks, the day has come (and gone, actually)......Myah and Maysen officially started school today.  I've been taking them to an organized, academic center for the last three years, but this is different.  This is the big leagues, and I for one (because I get to be on the inside track) know how quickly these years fly by.

The night before, we read the book The Kissing Hand before they went to bed.  If you aren't familiar with the book, check it out!  It's a must read before you send your littles off to school.  Of course my girls are the sweetest things ever (I might be a little biased) but before they went to school the next day they reminded me that if I missed them I could just press my palm to my cheek (read the book to find out why), and Delissa (my backyard neighbor who will put the girls on the bus each morning) witnessed them doing it again as they waited for the bus in the morning....melt my heart!

The girls woke up before their alarm sounded.  I think this was mostly due to the fact that Brandon was leaving for work and I think he woke them a little more than usual because he wanted to actually see them on the morning of their first day of school.....I don't blame him.  I also think this was because they were so darned excited to start school.

When I got home that evening, I couldn't wait to hear all about their day.  I had told them that they had to remember every last thing about their day so they could tell me about it.  That didn't work out so well, but I did find out that they got to have two (!!!) recesses.  They also had Media Center as their 'special' so they got to check out books from the school library, and the lunch choices were Hot Dog (hot choice) or a Bagel/yogurt/string cheese (cold choice).  Myah had the hotdog and Maysen had the bagel (with peanut butter).  They sounded excited about making some new friends and for starting this fun chapter in their lives.  I pray that their excitement lasts through the entire year and beyond.







2 comments:

  1. i will have to get that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness they look so adorable and just excited as can be! I'm so glad it was a great first day of school :) ...and I totally agree on the book - it's great. My boys somehow think they are too old for it now :(

    ReplyDelete