Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Anna's Wedding

This weekend, we married off another Grotewold granddaughter, Anna. For those of you who have never been to a Grotewold wedding, you don't know what you're missing. It's truly magical and the most meaningful of weddings I've ever experienced. Maybe I'm a bit bias, but it really is. My husband's friend Mike asked me at our wedding if it's like a Wedding in a Box, and all you have to do is choose a groom. Well, it sort of is! My Uncle Scott is the minister, all of the girl cousins sing the same song (This Day by Point of Grace), Uncle Brad and/or cousin Abby sing solos and various cousins (brothers in law, nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles) serve as bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls, ushers, hosts and guest book attendants. Viola! You have a Grotewold wedding.
This wedding was extra special because my two princesses got to be the flower girls. As the mother of two three-year olds, I was a little nervous. You see, there is a reason that I didn't have flower girls and ring bearers at my own wedding....I didn't want them to ruin it! Likewise, I didn't want my own children to ruin someone else's wedding. Brandon and I looked at eachother as the processional was starting and gave each other "the look." Making plans as to how we would each sweep in and gather one of our darling daughters and carry them kicking and screaming out of the sanctuary. God blessed this wedding (and my stress level)! The girls were absolutely perfect. They walked down the aisle like they had done it a hundred times. They stood in the exactly right place and moved only when I had finished my solo on "This Day." They simply walked to me and stood right at my legs like the little angels that they are. They sat with us until the blessing at the end, when they returned to the front of the church and walked out to the recession of "Joyful Joyful." I couldn't be more proud! Here are some pictures of our awesome Grotewold wedding of a weekend!
M&M standing by Rachel at the rehearsal
Practicing their entrance.
Dressed like angels. They were beautiful!

Posing with Rachel while we were waiting for the guests to be seated.
A family photo op.
I love my sissy!
Maysen thought dinner was like a big tea party!
"This tastes like a leaf!" ~Myah
Going in for the frosting! That'a girl!
Maysen sitting with the beautiful bride.
Let the party begin! The girls had talked about dancing at Anna's wedding in their pretty white dresses and sparkly shoes for a couple of weeks. Sadly, they didn't know it was a one time event. Sunday morning, Myah asks Nana if we get to go to Anna's wedding again that day. :(
They kicked off their shoes and danced the whole first set while the band played.
Dancing with the MOB (Mother of the Bride)
Great Grandpa getting on the dance floor....these two girls make everyone want to dance!
A great time was had by all! This is a picture of Myah's dress on my way to the dry cleaners. That's black frosting you see here. There was also a bit of ketchup and some juice that dripped from a strawberry on it. We lived it up and have great memories of another fabulous Grotewold wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment