Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Festivities

Myah and Maysen had been talking about the Easter Bunny coming to their house for a few weeks before Easter, and even this morning, the day after, Myah greeted me in the morning with a "Happy Easter, Mommy!" It was and is a Happy Easter because HE lives!

On Friday after school, M&M and I made some frosting so they could frost a few sugar cookies that our friend, Jess, made for us. They did a great job, and it wasn't near as messy as I was anticipating. Better yet, they loved every minute of it and were so proud of their creations. As not to disappoint anyone, daddy had two cookies for dessert that night....each one frosted by one of his princesses!


From one mess to another, we continued with our "baking" by making Easter Nests!

You can make them too....
1 Jar of Marshmallow Creme
1/3 cup Peanut Butter
2 tbps butter
Mix these three ingredients well (I warm it up a bit in the microwave first). Then mix in Chow Mein Noodles and scoop into muffin tins to set. Add M&Ms to look like bird eggs. The cutest ones are the Speck-tacular Peanut Butter M&Ms, but HyVee was out so I had to settle for Peanut ones this time. As you can see in the picture, I made two different sizes by also using a mini muffin tin. Both sizes are great, but the small ones are perfect for kids!

Saturday night, we joined my sister, Kelsey (AKA Aunt Kiki) and her husband Eric, at their church, The Lutheran Church of Hope, in West Des Moines. The whole family was there. Nana, Papa and Uncle Cole ("C"). It was a wonderful service. I was most touched with the skit of 25 people who shared their testimony with us. They had listed a word of phrase of who they were, or what defined them before they knew Christ, and on the other side of the card was a word or phrase that defined them after they knew Christ. I'm still searching for my perfect before and after words, but when I'm ready, I will share them with you! Here are the girls all dressed up in their dresses.


Sunday was relaxing and sugar filled as M&M collected their treasures left for them by the Easter Bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment