Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Princesses Turn 3

This past Monday, my princesses turned three years old! A few weeks ago, I was really emotional about it (and I think as this year goes on, I might continue to be). However, on the "big day" I was just in "awe" of how far we had come, how smart the girls are, and how proud I am to be their mom!
The day began with the girls climbing into bed with Brandon and I. This is special in-and-of itself because it only happens on the weekend. Not long after finding her snuggling place, Myah starts singing (in a soft whisper) "Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me." Followed by a (whispering again) "now let's sing to Maysen, mom." I grinned from ear to ear while we quietly sang Happy Birthday to Maysen :)

Of course, they had to get their hands in the making of the sloppy joes with Nana!

Donned in their "3" shirts that I had made for them, the girls waited patiently (as patiently as a 3-year-old can) for their party to start. They enjoyed seeing me bring in the balloons and the cake; they eyed Papa as he hung the streamers through the kitchen and living room. We managed to get a family picture before everyone arrived!

Opening presents came first: clothes (and lots of them!), swim outfits, scooters, and games! The kitchen is still a hot favorite (see earlier post regarding this early birthday present).

The next 45 minutes was spent outside trying out the new games and toys.

Then lunch and the Cupcake Cake! We LOVED the Cupcake Cake (and who wouldn't?!).


Still on a sugar-high (two days later!) we look forward to what this (gasp!) fourth-year will bring. Most of all, I'm looking forward to a fun-filled summer with my beautiful blondies! Happy Birthday, Myah and Maysen!! I am so proud to be your mommy!


Cousin Caden was born just the day before my girls so we got to venture to Rembrandt over the weekend to help celebrate Caden's 3rd Birthday. The girls even got a few early gifts at his party!
Here they are enjoying Caden's Lightning McQueen cake.

Don't they look like the Three Muskateers?!

No comments:

Post a Comment