Monday, June 14, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Today was a momentous occasion at the Smith Household. Swimming lessons started. Not just any swimming lessons, but Preschool Level 1 swimming lessons. You know, the ones where the parents don't get in the water, and the little tykes start working on their swimming skills with a WSI (Water Safety Instructor---I used to be one, you know!). For those of you who REALLY know me, this is a BIG deal to me.....HUGE actually. I grew up on the water and started taking swimming lessons at 18 months. I took my girls to their first Mommy (and Daddy and Aunt Kiki and Jess) and Me class at 10months. It is very important to me that my girls are comfortable in and around water. We go to the aquatic center often (5 times already this summer) and like to boat at Okoboji. I don't want my kids terrified of the water. As you can see here, they aren't and swim like little fish. I would love to have them swim competitively someday....but that choice, I will leave up to them!




3 comments:

  1. Somehow your blog (and my cousin's) disappeared from my blog roll so I've missed all these posts! It's back now. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!! Go girls!! You're some of the cutest fish I've ever seen! Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those adorable little fishes!

    ReplyDelete