Hickstionary tagged me in their blog to answer seven questions. Then I'm to come up with 7 questions and tag a few others to answer them.
1. Do you prefer email, texting, phone calls, or face to face interaction? Why?
It depends on who I'm talking to. With my friends and family, I definitely prefer face-to-face interaction especially when it's been way too long since I've spoken to them. With parental interaction (regarding my students) give me email anyday!
2. What are your favorite blogs?
You will find them all linked in this post except for Clayberg Chronicles (she tagged me). Check out Snappy Casual, Cubs Cuties Kelle Hampton and Hickstionary for sure!
3. If you could go anywhere, where would you go and who would you take with you?
I'm an avid Nicholas Sparks reader and all of his books are set on the coasts of North Carolina. I don't really know what the climate is there, but I've had so many 'escapes' there by reading his books, that I'd want to experience it myself. I'd like for just Brandon and I to go, but he may not appreciate it like me. In that case, I'd take my mom and/or friend Anne because they've read all of his books, too. If I didn't take my kids, I couldn't stay very long because I feel so very guility every minute that's not spent with them, but Jon and Kate took their kids to a beach house in North Carolina so I could see us doing that several years down the road.
4. Have you and your husband created any traditions for your family? If so, what are they?
I feel our children are just getting to the age where they'd get into a tradition. We've started things like going to the pumpkin patch each fall to choose their own pumpkins. This year we painted them. My goal for a tradition would be that someday/someyear, my children get to wake up in our own home on Christmas morning. We have yet to be able to give gifts to our children on Christmas day because we want it to be done at a time where it's just our immediate family in our jammies. We have so many gatherings to go to and family members to please (don't take that the wrong way) that we don't get to do that. Someday (very soon) I want to make that happen for my children.
5. What's on the menu for your favorite meal? (Recipes optional....) :)
Chicken Hotdish, Biscuits or Breadsticks, some kind of fruit and a cold glass of milk!
6. What is your favorite date night?
Date night? Um......I usually fall asleep during movies because I'm so tired. I think my favorite dates right now at this point in my life are contained in the hour and a half after the girls go to bed and Brandon and I watch a show that we've DVR'd (we never watch a show at it's actual aired time). It's our time together to cuddle, laugh, and talk. In the comfort of our own home, nonetheless.
7. What's your goal right now?
I'm experiencing a lot of 'mommy guilt' right now with another baby on the way. I want my girls to know how much they mean to me and how much I love them. I've always been a working mom so their time with me is limited to the evenings (and glorious summers!). My goal right now is to finish up my grad class in the next week and a half so we have all winter (while daddy is at basketball) to snuggle, play games, and make memories. We do talk about the baby a lot and I know they will be big helpers, but I never want them to feel that their time with me is jeopardized because of another child.
I'm tagging Snappy Casual, Nate Z Blog, Cubs Cuties and The McCollum's.
Here are your 7 questions.
1. I'm buying your ticket to anywhere. You leave tomorrow. Where do you want to go and why?
2. What is your favorite family tradition? Who started it (your grandmother, your mother, you)?
3. If you could 'quick fix' one of the nation's/world's problems, what would it be?
4. The holidays are quickly approaching. What are you most looking forward to?
5. What is your greatest tip in keeping your family organized and running smoothly?
6. If you could tell your teenage self anything, what would it be? (Thank you Kelle Hampton)
7. Who is your hero?