Monday, December 20, 2010

My New Fetish

How many of something do you have to buy before it's considered a fetish? Well, in the past month, I've purchased three items with a similar theme. I keep singing to myself: "Some of these things are a lot like the others." For the people who really know me (and my fetish with anything black and white) will not be at all surprised with my purchases.

Purchase number 1: Wrapping paper



I loved it right away! There's something about wrapping presents in paper that represents who I am so the person receiving it knows it's from me before they even open the gift. I loved this paper so much that I also bought it in red (big surprise, right people, since the accent color in my home amongst my black and white is....you guess it! RED!).

Purchase Number 2: Cookie Platter



Both purchases 1 and 2 come from Hobby Lobby at 50% off, and they do match! Sometimes I look at this cookie plate and think 'old lady' and other times I look at it and think 'sophisticated, mature, pulled together.' What's your opinion?

Purchase Number 3: New Bedding



I totally fell in love with this bedding when I saw it in the Target ad this week! I had to have it! (on sale for $59 from $89.99)One of my favorite places in my house is our master bedroom. It has acquired some clutter (thanks to my wonderful husband) since we moved in 5 years ago, but I try to hide it on his side of the bed so it's not visible from the doorway at least:) This bedding makes our bedroom feel 'GRAND'...that's the best word I can come up with. We've been fighting over the full/queen sized comforter that we've been using since before our girls were born, however, we got a King sized bed after the girls were born. This is actually a Christmas present from my grandparents. They usually give us money to spend (I'm being a bit presumptuous that the same will happen this year) and since I don't really have much of a list this year, this was perfect!!

I'm sure this pattern has a name, snappy casual or Hickstionary will probably know what it is, since they are really the trendy ones in my life :) Doesn't really matter because I'm in love with it!!

6 comments:

  1. I think it's called "Damask"... we have the same bedding! Ha! Love it and love your taste! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure it's "sophisticated, mature, and put-together" :) You're definitely NOT old lady...yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, it's damask and i love it, too! :) the new bedding looks so so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha... You could have asked Anne what it was called too. We had a discussion one night about how it's pronounced... go push to sound button on dictionary.com and tell me what you think that lady is saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She totally forgot the 'k,' Heidi!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, LOVE it all! Especially the bedroom set! :) And 'sophisticated, mature, pulled together' is exactly what the plate SCREAMS! Just reading your blog, seeing your stuff, makes me miss you, girl! Getting together soon... Heart you all!

    ReplyDelete