Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Countdown is Almost Over

That Kelle Hampton.....she's good. Another excellent quote from her today:

"Love for these little beings that belong to me hits me unexpectedly sometimes...in swells that knock me off my feet. And I get up, starry-eyed, and thank the heavens that they are mine."

As most of you know....I'm becoming a mother of three this week. On Tuesday. At about 7:30 am. Since I'm a control freak, it's actually perfect that I get to know the day and time of her birth--and perfect that as of right this moment she appears to be sticking to our plan. Of course, you can assume, that I have a schedule all typed up with who is dropping off/picking up M&M when and where. Those schedules have been distributed.....and the cosmic forces know better than to mess with my plan. Most people enjoy the waiting...the surprise. That doesn't excite me so much. I'm so thrilled that I get to countdown to the moment where I get to hold her in my arms for the first time; have her little fingers wrap around mine for the first time.

Here's the last belly picture, folks. 39 weeks.

I got the old 'Whoa. Oh my goodness' from B today when he took the picture. I totally agree, though.....can my belly stick out any further??

The sticker chart is almost full, which really has helped time go faster for all of us.


I'm so full of love (for all of my littles) that I can't wait to let the first tears roll that I have another one to love. I wonder what she will look like....will she be light colored like her sisters, or dark colored like her parents?? I can't wait for the first time M&M peer into the little bassinet at the baby sister they've been waiting for. We've been reading about what it means to be a big sister and what the baby will/will not be able to do when she's first born. I can't wait to incorporate Miss M into our routines and schedules that we thrive on. She will lie on my chest during story time at night. She will sit in the bouncy seat next to me while M&M and I do puzzles on the kitchen floor. She's just going to fit in so well....it's like she's already here and there's a perfect-sized spot for her in our family.

A few weeks ago, the theme at M&M's school was Valentine's Day. They made these signs.

When we brought them home this week, they told me that they had made these valentines for Baby M and that they wanted to hang them on the door to her bedroom. I almost cried. After I put the tape on the backside, I handed them each their sign and they went and put them on the door. A few minutes later, I walked down the hall way to see the final result. I didn't see anything.....at first. Here's why:

I was expecting the valentines to be up at eye level (at least M&M's eye level), but they weren't. They were at the bottom of the door. I asked them why they were so low and mentioned that maybe we should move them up on the door. The response?? 'Mom, then she won't be able to see them. She's just going to be little so they need to be down here for her to see them.' Yep...tears again. They are just so thoughtful and full of love for their little sister.

I can't wait to share her first pictures here on the blog come Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, I am about to cry. I love hearing what's on your heart right now. And M&M are so thoughtful! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meet her! I'm heading to see Deani's baby today :) Sweet Emily Grace was delivered on Friday.

    ReplyDelete