Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What's Cookin' Wednesday

The weather is gorgeous outside and we're busy getting supper ready inside! Next time the weather gets this nice, we're grillin' again!

For tonight, though, we're having Tater-Tot Casserole. This isn't a dish that I had a lot growing up, but it was a favorite of mine anytime we went to a potluck or church function.

Here's what you'll need:
1 1/2 lbs of hamburger (95% lean was used this time)
10 oz. green peas (I used Schwan's frozen peas)
1 can evaporated milk
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
Tater Tots

Sound a bit too familiar? I had a hard time finding a recipe for this that I liked, and the ones I looked at seemed very different from each other. So....I just adapted the Chicken Hotdish recipe and used hamburger instead of chicken and tater tots instead of croutons. It was perfect!

Here's what you'll do:
1. Brown the hamburger and mix peas, evaporated milk, and soups together and put in a casserole dish.


2. Line the top with frozen tater tots (or let your kids do it!)


3. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. I usually make it the night before and allow 45 minutes since it was chilled.


A crowd pleaser for sure! We are having applesauce and buttered bread for sides. That's a down- home-cooked meal!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I just want to squeeze Myah. How cute! And she's wearing the dress she wants to wear every day! :)

    ReplyDelete