Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Fun

We had a really fun Father's Day today. My girls got to celebrate the day with Brandon, and Kelsey, Eric, and my mom and dad came down for the day so we could celebrate my dad as well. We spent the late morning at Reiman Gardens. It was hot, and sticky, and sweaty, but we still had a great time seeing the 'Big Bugs'! That is the theme for this summer, and let me tell you, it's no lie that these bugs were big!

Brandon faced his fear at the large spider web while Papa and Myah and Maysen visited the Daddy Long Legs.


3 large ants, a dragonfly, and a grasshopper.


Taking a rest under the shade tree, and investigating lily pads on the pond. You can kind of see Mylie's feet in the stroller....she was a trooper and slept just about the whole time we were there!


Pumping water in the frog pond of the Children's garden, and Papa bouncing Mylie on his knee.


The L8D BUG (that's what the license plate said) in the conservatory


The butterfly dome was fluttering with tons of butterflies today. It was hard to find ones that stayed still long enough to get a picture of them :)


So what gifts do you get the wonderful dads?
Brandon got a new fire pit for the back patio (and even got a use out of it before Father's Day)


Papa got a hand and foot print flag made by M&M. He has done a lot of work for the Veterans in our home town so it had special meaning to him to have a flag made by the girls.



***The other night, I had a Q&A session with B about being a dad. Here are the results!***

1. Describe your parenting style in one word: Involved
2. Favorite TV family of all time (real or fictional): Keatons from Family Ties
3. Last meal you made for your family: Grilled Steaks
4. Favorite book to read to your kids: No, No, Jack!
5. Trait you hope your children don't inherit from you: sloppiness
6. Favorite kids' movie: Shrek or the classics like Snow White or Cinderella
7. Kids' TV show you can't stand: You Gabba Gabba!
8. Best piece of parenting advice you ever got: Be strict but fair
9. When I say "dad," you say: I have three kids...that's me!

Tomorrow, we're off to the zoo (weather permitting). Happy Father's day!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Q&A! It was great to see you, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just getting ready to type 'Love the Q&A!' and Kels beat me to it!
    Rusty's bday gift to me a few years ago was a fire pit and we LOVE it.
    That flag gift is super cute. I bet that was one proud papa.
    This post reminds me I have a funny picture of Brandon from the "It's a..." party (from when I was checking my camera). I'll email it to ya! :)

    ReplyDelete