Thursday, June 30, 2011

What's Cookin' Wednesday

If you’re anything like me, you enjoy a good beer bread. There’s just something about it at a gathering with friends and I just can’t leave it alone. We dip it in cheese dips, sour cream dips with different seasonings, and it’s even good plain (and just a tad bit still warm.) I was first introduced to beer bread at a Tastefully Simple party and I’ve ordered it regularly ever since. As good as it is, it can get expensive, and I don’t always have it on hand. A few years ago, I was given a recipe for a homemade beer bread. I was a little skeptical at first, but it turned out to be just as good if not better, and you only need three ingredients!

Homemade Beer Bread

What you’ll need:
2 ½-3 cups of Self Rising Flour
2/3 cup Sugar
1 12 oz Beer (or other carbonated beverage)

What you’ll do:
1. Mix the three ingredients in a bowl.
2. Put mixture in greased loaf pan.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes. Enjoy!!

My Tastefully Simple rep brought an altered beer bread to a party. I figure it would work with the homemade version as well! Here it is: instead of the beer, use a 12 oz can of Coca Cola and mix in a bag of butterscotch chips. It’s delicious!! Since it’s pretty sweet and no one really needs to eat it by the slice, I cut it into chunks…it’s crumbly anwyway!


**We’re heading to ‘Boji on Friday for a few days, and I’ve already started packing. My heart melted the other day when I saw this:


It probably doesn’t look like much to you, but the Dora and black and white flowered backpacks were suddenly sitting amongst the things I have already packed. When I asked the girls what they were doing there, they told me that they had packed their things so I didn’t need to worry about it. So thoughtful! In the bags? Maysen’s contained a blanket, a stuffed kitty, three books, and a few small toys. Myah’s had a few books, a Buzz Lightyear toy, a twirl ribbon, and a pucci pup. When I asked about jammies, clothes, and underwear, their eyes got a little big and said, they could just wear what they had on the whole time we’re gone ☺

Happy 4th everyone!!

1 comment: