Thursday, June 9, 2011

(Not So) Extreme Couponing

You all know that I love a coupon. What I didn't love was my organization of them (I just had all of them in a manilla folder). It was frustrating when B was going to run to the gas station for a gallon of milk and I knew I had a coupon for Land-o-Lakes milk, but had to sort through the whole bunch to find it. Or like today, when we decided to run errands and go out for lunch since it was raining, and we had to look through all types of coupons to find the restaurant ones. I knew there had to be a better answer!
Problem solved! At Target, we picked up one of these accordian files (found in the office and storage section).

Once we were at home, I began the sort!


I ended up with 8 categories (and of course, they are alphabetized):
Baby: diapers, wipes, baby food
Food: edible grocery coupons
Health/Beauty: deodorant, shampoo, vitamins, soap
Household: detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, batteries
Misc: oil changes, photography specials
Pizza: all pizza places
Restaurants: all other types of restaurants
Target: all coupons that are only accepted at Target, though they could fall into another category as well.

I'm sure this system will be revamped in time, but for now I'm pleased.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I have been keeping all of our coupons in our food envelope with our cash, but it is not very efficient and I usually forget what I have. I need one of these accordion things. Is it small enough to fit in your purse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about the size of a small clutch. It would fit in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you come to my house and get me started?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to Lisa! I need to see you soon anyway!! :)

    ReplyDelete