Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Rounding out 2010

Since my camera is back in my possession I want to fill you in on our last week of 2010.

On Wednesday, January 29, the girls and I headed up to Okoboji for a few last restful days of winter vacation. Brandon had basketball practice everyday so he stayed behind in Ames. We don't spend much winter time in 'Boji, though I did live up there for a year and a half during my student teaching and my first year out of college when I was subbing. Okoboji has always been a 'Magical' (for lack of a better word) place for me. It even holds that quality for me in the winter. It's just a nice escape from the ordinary. It's a nice time to enjoy some of our favorite restaurants without it being completely busy and crazy. We even tried a few new places, which is always fun as well. The first evening, M&M wanted to play on the deck in the snow. Since we hadn't really had much snow in Ames they were really excited to have some to play in. This pregnant mama even helped them make a snow man! It turned out looking like a snow triangle, but since I'm sort of shaped like a triangle these days, it seemed appropriate:)

On Thursday, we took the girls to an indoor waterpark at Bridges Bay Resort. Since we have a home in the Lakes Region, we spend a lot of time on the lake and outside on the deck in the summer. It was the perfect chance for us to try out this water park. The girls (and might I add, everyone else) had a great time!! It wore them out for a great nap :)
Maysen and Papa in the Lazy River.
C and Ric helping the girls cross the lilypads.
M&M loving the waterslides!


On Friday (New Year's Eve), we headed back to Lake Mills and rang in the New Year snuggling with family, putting puzzles together, and watching Despicable Me.

Saturday, January 1 was the Christianson Christmas gathering. As a tradition, all of the grandkids/great grandkids have to sing songs before we are able to open gifts. My Aunt Kathy had some animal hats from the church Christmas program that the great grandkids wore...they were too cute. This year, we had a mock Nativity complete with my cousin Joseph and his girlfriend Mary (no joke!). Can you say adorable??

2 comments: