Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What's Cookin' Wednesday

Today, I get to sit and smell supper cookin' all day in the crock pot...it's wonderful (and very easy!)

Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches

What you'll need:
1 beef chuck roast (approx. 3 lbs)
2 cups water
1/2-3/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
1 bay leaf
3-4 whole peppercorns
French Rolls (I have found Pepperidge Farms Soft Hoagie Rolls to be my favorite!)

What you'll do:
1. Place roast in crock pot. Add water, soy sauce, and seasonings. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender. Remove meat from broth and shred with forks. Place back in broth to keep warm.

2. Serve shredded meat on hoagie rolls.


I also wanted to share that I'm excited about a new show on TLC tonight: Extreme Couponing. Kind of strange, I know. However, I do use coupons. I'm not one of those people who has hundreds of them, but I have been known to save $20-30 on one shopping trip by using coupons....totally worth it. I don't think I could ever go to the 'extreme' some of these women have because I simply don't have the time--one lady had so many coupons, she saved 94% on her grocery bill! However, I will not pay full price on groceries if I don't have to. Do you use coupons? What are your other money-saving strategies??

2 comments:

  1. That meal looks so yummy!!!

    Maybe I should watch that show. I need to get better at couponing. In Kansas City, I got to meet Money Saving Mom. (http://moneysavingmom.com/) She is awesome at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched extreme couponing last night. very entertaining. Kels made the comment that this year's extreme couponers would be on the next season of hoarders. I thought this was spot on. One lady bought 70 some mustards. didn't make any sense at all...

    ReplyDelete