Thursday, April 28, 2011

What's Cookin' Wednesday

We have a smiler on our hands, ladies and gentlemen (are there any gentlemen that read this blog??). She's a little stingy at times but they are 'oh, so sweet' when they emerge!!

Today, we're having Chicken Stir-Fry. It's a recipe I got from my good friend Jennifer (who got it from her mom I believe). Every time I make it, I wonder why I don't make it more often because it is super easy and very good!

What you'll need:
3 Tbsp Corn Starch
1 1/4 cup Water
1/3 cup Soy Sauce
1/3 cup Light Karo Syrup
Oil (I use Olive Oil)
Chicken Chunks
3 Garlic Cloves
Vegetables of your choice (I use broccoli, onion, baby carrots, peapods)
Water Chestnuts
White Rice
Chow Mein Noodles
Cashews

What you'll do:
1. Make the sauce. Mix corn starch and water until smooth. Then mix in soy sauce and Karo syrup.

2. If you have a Wok, use it! Otherwise, use a pan on the stove like me :) Heat 2 tbsp oil and fry chicken chunks with garlic. Once done, remove from pan and set aside. I just put the meat in a small bowl.


3. Heat 2 more tbsp of oil in the pan and fry veggies.


4. Add meat and sauce. Bring to a boil until it's thick.


5. Serve over white rice and top with Chow Mein noodles and cashews!!

1 comment: