We have a smiler on our hands, ladies and gentlemen (are there any gentlemen that read this blog??). She's a little stingy at times but they are 'oh, so sweet' when they emerge!!
Today, we're having Chicken Stir-Fry. It's a recipe I got from my good friend Jennifer (who got it from her mom I believe). Every time I make it, I wonder why I don't make it more often because it is super easy and very good!
What you'll need:
3 Tbsp Corn Starch
1 1/4 cup Water
1/3 cup Soy Sauce
1/3 cup Light Karo Syrup
Oil (I use Olive Oil)
3 Garlic Cloves
Vegetables of your choice (I use broccoli, onion, baby carrots, peapods)
Chow Mein Noodles
What you'll do:
1. Make the sauce. Mix corn starch and water until smooth. Then mix in soy sauce and Karo syrup.
2. If you have a Wok, use it! Otherwise, use a pan on the stove like me :) Heat 2 tbsp oil and fry chicken chunks with garlic. Once done, remove from pan and set aside. I just put the meat in a small bowl.
3. Heat 2 more tbsp of oil in the pan and fry veggies.
4. Add meat and sauce. Bring to a boil until it's thick.
5. Serve over white rice and top with Chow Mein noodles and cashews!!