Thursday, May 5, 2011

They're Home!!

Sometime in the middle of my pregnancy, Brandon and I discussed how we could make it work financially for me to take off the rest of the school year. After talking to the business office at Ames Schools, it was determined that I'd have to take about 17 days unpaid (depending on snow days, and providing I didn't go on bed rest or deliver earlier than March 8, etc). It was either take those days unpaid or find child care for Mylie for just over 3 weeks time. To counteract those unpaid days, we determined that it would be wise to unenroll Myah and Maysen from their 'school' on May 1 and keep them home for the month of May. We always keep them home in the summer, but this would be a month early. So.....since Monday, I have been a stay-at-home mom to my three girls! I was a little nervous as to how busy this would make me, but in all honesty, I don't feel that much busier than I did with just Mylie home. And the best thing? Myah and Maysen are great helpers and help me get things done! This week, I have taught them how to make their own beds so they can take care of that....one less thing for me to do! We're working on how they can help with laundry....they help Brandon with the trash, and on Monday, they helped me plan flowers, which they are taking a lot of responsibility for. They remind me that they need to be watered. We have a few play dates scheduled this month, and they ask me everyday when the 'Big Bucket Pool' will open. I look forward to sharing with you my adventures as a mother of 3....it's sure to be a crazy time :)

Here are the girls tending to their sown seeds.


Every gardener needs gardening gloves :)

Team work to lift the heavy watering can.



On Tuesday, we had a play date with the girls' friend Amara from dance class. Her mom is great, and had the girls make their own pizza for lunch. You better bet this is going to be on our list of things to do throughout the summer. Thanks for having us over Marnie and Amara! We had a great time and hope to have you over sometime soon!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering how the week was going :) What a fun time you'll have with all three of your girls. I need to come over for some more snuggles and sneak a peek at those smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are so darn sweet. do you let them pick out their own clothes now? they are pretty creative! i love how myah's wearing flip flops and maysen picked winter boots! however, i'm surprised maysen is in a dress and myah isn't!

    ReplyDelete