It's raining outside today so I tried to come up with a snack that the girls and I could make together that would use up some of our time. We made some soft pretzels adapted from a recipe in the June 2010 issue of Parents magazine.
What you'll need:
Frozen Bread Roll Dough
What you'll do:
1. Thaw bread dough and let rise slightly.
2. Roll bread dough on floured surface into a 'snake' about 10" long. (I'll be honest with you, this was difficult. We ended up gently pulling the dough instead of rolling it).
3. Cross the two tails of the 'snake,' then twist and flip back over to top of loop to create your pretzel shape. As you can see, some of our dough tore in half so we just twisted it and made a long pretzel....presentation doesn't really matter to us as long as they taste great!
4. Brush pretzels with egg.
5. Sprinkle salt and sesame seeds on the top.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and enjoy! We bought some cheese dip to warm up and dip them in!
I have to admit...as sad as they looked going into the oven, they look delicious coming out!!