Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What's Cookin' Wednesday

I had torn this recipe out of a magazine a long time ago. I'm not sure exactly which magazine so I can't give full due credit. Chances are it was a 'Parents' magazine, but could be 'Parenting' or 'Family Fun.'

In our family, we love a good chicken strip. My brother even made a joke during his speech at my sister's wedding that Eric will have to take her out for their anniversary every year and spend $20 on chicken strips. It was hilarious at the time, but for those of you who know my brother, no one else can do his jokes justice....he really is funny! AND a great writer despite what he might tell you!

Crunchy Chicken Fingers

What you'll need:
Chicken Breasts (I thawed 5 large breasts for my family....it was way too much food. 3 would have been plenty!)
1 Egg
1 tsp Honey
1 tsp Yellow Mustard
2 cups Corn Flakes
Dash of Salt
Dash of Black Pepper

What you'll do:
1. Crush Corn Flakes with salt and pepper in a baggie. Or have your kids do it for you :)


2. Cut Chicken Breasts into strips..about 3/4 in wide.


3. Beat egg in a bowl. Then add honey and mustard.


4. Set up your assembly line.


5. Coat chicken in egg mixture.


6. Bread with Corn Flakes.


7. Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!!


Or you could buy them frozen....that would be easier (not that this is hard!)....BUT this way, you know exactly what is in them....no preservatives......and you know what your kids are putting in their mouth. :)

1 comment:

  1. you are right...we love a good chicken strip. these look great!

    remember that one time i asked the waiter to skip me and he thought i said shrimp scampi? yikes!

    ReplyDelete