Monday, February 7, 2011

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

This past weekend, the girls and I made a quick trip to Lake Mills to help celebrate my grandpa's 81st birthday.

Doesn't he look fabulous? He's definitely the smartest man I know!

In fact, don't they both look great!?!? Nana turned 79 in December. I sure hope these family genes shine through when I'm in my 80's!!


The lunch was held at 'The Grand' (the local greasy spoon). The food is great, the prices are ridiculously low, and the portions are ridiculously large. Especially when the owner of the joint spoils my grandpa even when it's not his birthday. Pretty great people around those parts!

There were cheese balls and onion rings...enjoyed here by Maysen.


'Grotewold' Malts--they come in all flavors. The 'Grotewold' part of it refers to the size....about double the size of a normal malt served at the venue. Did I mention that my grandpa tends to get spoiled here?? Although, I'm not sure if it's a compliment that your last name has been used to dubb something as especially large :) Here are Jaci and Michael posing with their Chocolate 'Grotewold' Malt.


Here are my girls posing with the birthday boy (Myah being her typical self when it comes to forced pictures).


And here's the rest of the clan. Most of the Grotewold family made it for the monumental event. We missed Scott's family (Scott, Suzi, Sam, Sabrina, and Ben) as well as my husband, Brandon (who had a basketbal game Friday night, which was when we headed up to Lake Mills). So all in all a good turnout.......and definitely a great reason to see each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment