Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What's Cookin' Wednesday

The girls and I had a play date scheduled for 6:00 tonight so an early dinner was in order. The one picture I took is ridiculous and does not do the meal any justice....but it was delicious, nutritious and extremely simple!

In the crock-pot, put:
*one bag of baby carrots
*four peeled and cut russet potatoes
*one can of chicken broth (I use 50% less sodium)
*one can of water
*three large (and I mean LARGE) chicken breasts (I cut them into thirds to insure that they cook all the way through)

Turn it on high for 5 hours.
I told you it was a terrible picture :)

The other things cookin' (growin', actually) at our house are some flowers. I found these small pots of flowers at the dollar spot at Target and gave them to the girls for Valentine's Day.

Maysen's, are Forget-Me-Nots and Myah's are supposed to be some kind of Primrose Mixture. The girls enjoyed watching the small pellet of soil grow into a full pot of dirt with the three tablespoons of water they added to the pot. We placed six small (incredibly small) seeds on top of the soil and patted them in gently as per the directions. I will keep you posted on their progress, although, Myah thought she'd just stand on a chair in the kitchen and wait for it to grow. I'm hoping something pops through relatively soon so they stay excited about them.

What's cookin'/growin' at your house??

1 comment:

  1. How adorable that Myah was ready to watch it grow! You are teaching them patience :) Our lemon tree is either dead or dying...it's very sad.

    ReplyDelete