Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Smyles and One Last Hurrah!!

Saturday was another busy day for us. Our Saturdays as a 4-person family, and having the ability to "run" like we've grown accustomed to in the last year and a half, are numbered! Baby M will be here before we know it and we are trying to cram in as many things between now and then as we can!
The girls and I each got haircuts on Saturday morning (it was the first of the stops on my "pampering spree" before Baby M is born!) Then we headed to the library to meet our friends. Tonja (aka Trevor's mom--I teach with her) and Trevor (M&M's favorite friend that is a boy) met us there for Smyles's 5th Birthday/Anniversary. Smyles is the library's mascot and though we don't warm up easily to dresses up creatures (something they got from their mother), we had a fun time.
Here are the girls signing a giant card for Smyles.

This is one of our 'claims to fame.' Kay Marner wrote a book about Smyles when she worked for the library and conducted the Sawyer Bookmobile stop. Little did we know (until Wednesday or Thursday of last week) that she's our neighbor. Don't get me wrong, I see her outside with her kids all the time, and we'll say 'hi' and make small talk. I also knew that Kay Marner wrote that book. What I didn't know is that Kay Marner and my neighbor were the same person! We're going to walk our two copies of the book down to her in the near future to get them signed. Here she is reading her book at the celebration.

Smyles tattoos for all!

Writing a postcard to mail to Smyles.

Enjoying the band that played with a little "Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" action!


After lunch and nap, my side of the family came to visit. We had planned this a few weeks ago--that we would take the girls bowling. They love to bowl, and it's not going to be as easy to go with Baby M coming soon. As those of you with children know....a baby changes everything....for everyone that comes in contact with them. The world/schedule/plans/day revolves around them. We're looking forward for her to grace our lives, but know we won't be able to do as much of this kind of stuff as easily.

In between turns, Myah and Maysen demonstrated their radical dance moves for everyone.


Dad thought he was funny putting a bowling ball up his shirt to mimic my ever-growing belly. We should have done a side profile to get the full effect, but it's pretty darn acurate!

We're off to start another (busy) week. I go to the doctor tomorrow--anxious to see if I'm dilating at all. We're hoping not as we (really meaning I) have everything scheduled and planned to go smoothly for March 8 (I know...you're shocked!). Stops two and three of the 'pampering spree' occur this week in final preparations. Tuesday I get a pedicure with my great friend Lisa, and Friday I'm getting some highlights done in my hair. I have never really dyed my hair in anyway. I did a 7 highlight special once in college, but that doesn't really count. There's something about delivering a baby (and maybe I'm imaging it...or maybe it's just the association with being in the hospital) that makes me not feel pretty. I know these things are petty, but I think they will make me feel better.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! Can't wait for pampering on Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was great to see you! enjoy your pampering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo! I think the pampering is definitely worth it. It'll help. :)

    ReplyDelete