Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend Update

This weekend has been a hodge-podge of things and a whole lot of running around. Friday night, the girls and I went to The Playground for Kids in Ankeny with my college friend Sarah and her two boys. The kids had a great time and were exhausted!
Saturday, I had a breakfast at Panera Bread with a small group that I belong to (the girls joined me since Brandon had his conference basketball meeting). Then we got groceries for the week. We tried a "new" recipe for lunch on Saturday. Thank you to my sister for sharing the idea. A twist on an old favorite, this one is: Pizza Sandwiches.

Similar to making grilled cheese.....I buttered one side of a piece of bread. Then topped it with a large spoonful of pizza sauce, some shredded mozzerella cheese, and some mini pepperonis....followed by a second slice of buttered bread. They were pretty good. Next time, I will use a lower heat so the cheese melts more without burning the outside of the bread. A perfect weekend lunch....sided with strawberries and grapes.

Brandon had his last game of the season last night. It wasn't pretty, but it's over and done with. Only one win on the season, we're ready to put it behind us and pray that next year can only get better. The girls had a sitter since the game was about an hour and fifteen minutes away from Ames--I made the trek by myself. After the game, we were invited to the assistant coach's house to watch the UNI game. We went for a few hours and got home around midnight. Really living it up!! It had been a long time (besides New Year's when I made it to 12:01) since I'd been up that late.....I know, you're thinking that's pathetic.

I'm 36 weeks pregnant today.

Kind of have the conebelly (versus conehead) look going on. Feeling pretty good besides the fact that I'm starting to retain fluid in my hands/fingers and ankles. The next three weeks can't go fast enough. We've started a countdown to Baby M chart. Starting today, the girls will put up a sticker each day until she's here (hopefully not before March 8!).


The girls have been asking me to make these crowns ever since we saw them in the January 2011 edition of Highlights high Five magazine. They even asked the babysitter last night to make them so today we did it. They turned out pretty cute! What princess doesn't need a fancy crown!


Have a great Valentine's week! Our romantic outing consists of a trip to the tax man! What about yours??

1 comment:

  1. the crowns are adorable! and that baby chart...i can't even believe it is so close!!!

    ReplyDelete