Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What's Cookin' Wednesday

H & R are coming over for supper tonight! We are so very excited!! We do dinner about 4-5 times year together, but that's definitely not enough. B & R will sit and talk about basketball all evening and H and I will talk about how glad we are that basketball is finally over (although it's not quite over for them...another week left I think). The girls will run around like maniacs and we'll all laugh at their goofiness!!

For supper, Lasagna will be our main dish. I'll also make garlic toast and H will bring a salad or dessert (she's the FCS teacher, you know...the pressure's on!).

I made the Lasagna yesterday evening so it's ready to pop in the oven tonight when I get home.
Here's what you'll need:
Lasagna Noodles (I use Creamette Oven Ready Lasagna noodles)
2 lbs hamburger (I use 93% lean)
Large jar of Ragu Sauce (this time I used Super Chunky Mushroom)
Small Cottage Cheese
16 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (with a little extra for the very top)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Tbsp Basil
3/4 Tbsp Parsley
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt

Here's what you'll do:
1. Brown Hamburger and combine with Ragu sauce in large bowl.

2. Combine rest of ingredients (cheeses and spices) in bowl.

3. Place a layer of lasagna noodles on the bottom of 9 x 13 pan.

4. Scoop 1/3 of the meat mixture on top of the noodles, and spread out.

5. Scoop 1/3 of the cheese and spice mixture on top of meat, and spread out.

Repeat steps 3-5 two more times.
I top the third layer with a little extra mozzarella cheese so it has a nicer finishing touch.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
**************************
In other business, I had been looking for a knit beanie hat for baby M like M&M have. However, everywhere I looked, I couldn't decide on a size (do I get the newborn size, or a little larger so she can wear it longer, but probably not right away?). In the process, I found something a little different....a knit hat with a knit flower and a little visor...way too cute! But of course, if I was going to order one for baby M (I got 3-6 month size so she can wear it all summer--I also found that they do run a little big, which is good), I had to get some for M&M (is that too many M's that you're confused??). They came in the mail today!

Aren't they adorable!! Baby M's is light pink. Can't wait to get a pic of all three of them wearing their hats! It's going to be too much fun having three little girls! :)

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love those hats!! Woo hoo to you for finding them, momma!! And we North siders are jazzed about Baby M as well!! :) See you guys Friday! Still enjoying the What's Cookin' Wednesdays, too! Heart you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made lasagna from scratch? Wow.

    And now that I see these hats, and hear you talk about all three of them matching...I'm ready for baby M to be here. Just sayin'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for her to be here, too.....aren't these hats the cutest!?!?

    ReplyDelete